Registration & General Information
- Registration application with full payment must be received by January 31, 2024
- Registrations received after January 31, 2024, will incur a $20.00 late entry fee
- ***Once Registration is processed – No refunds will be issued.
- Registered contestants will receive an admission wristband with scheduled performance times. A list of contestant and advisor passes will be at the admissions counter for verification. If a contestant loses his/her entry wristband, they will be required to purchase a new wristband.
- Spectators must purchase a 1 or 2-day pass to enter the competition.
- All contestants/studios are required to supply their own (age-appropriate, clean lyrics) music. We have moved to digital music format which will be required at the time the application is submitted. You will be able to upload your music on the application in a digital format.
- Studio music submissions must be received 45 days before the event.
- All contestants/studios will need to have a backup of their music.
- A dancer’s/studios representative should be present around the sound table in case a backup is required
- Solo, duo, trio, and quartet routines 2-1/2 Minutes.
- Team routines 1 to 5 minutes
- Show/Production not to exceed 10 mins. (If over 10 minutes please contact us.
- To ensure an accurate schedule, contestants are required to be in costume and in their correct corner 5 minutes minimum prior to their scheduled time
ORDER OF PERFORMANCE:
- The order of performance is based on the date the entry form has been received. The first entries received will be last in the division. The last entries received will be placed first in the division.
SHOES AND PROPS:
- All shoes must have non-marking soles no exceptions
- Carry-on props are permissible but must be used during routine. If using props in a jazz, lyrical or contemporary category the props should NOT be the focal point of the routine.
- *** If your prop is large, involves a lot of prop use in choreography, or is a focal point in routines, then you will need to enter the OPEN category. ***
- Soloists and teams planning on using props are required to sign a liability waiver prior to taking the floor
- All props will be checked by a Dance Spectacular staff member to verify proper padding is in place to prevent damage to facility floors. Any prop not meeting the requirements will not be allowed on the floor until padding is installed on the prop
- Dance Spectacular recognizes every contestant who enters our competitions. All Solo/Duo/Trio participants receive a trophy and will be acknowledged for their performance.
- Solo Awards – are given for Queen through 5th Attendant in each division. Duo/Trio awards are 1st through 5th place.
- Queens will receive a 2 column trophy, banner, tiara, and gift.
- Attendants will receive a 2-column trophy and tiara.
- Every queen in each age division will be eligible for the overall award as long as they competed against another contestant in their age division
- All team members will receive a participation award.
- Studios will receive a large trophy and plaque to post their routine placements.
- Overall queen – The queen with the highest place points & agreed upon by the judging staff will be crowned Miss Overall Queen in each level. Awards are given to the overall queen consisting of a large trophy, banner, tiara, and gift.
- Overall TEAM – The team with the highest place points & agreed upon by the judging staff will be awarded overall team in each level and receive a large trophy.
- Overall Studio – To the highest scoring studio with 10 or more team routines. The top ten scores will be used in calculating the overall studio and will receive a large trophy.
- Overall specialty awards receive a trophy.
Dance Spectacular reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone causing a scene, or being rude to staff members or other competitors.
All concerns will need to be addressed after the competition not during the event. Email your questions/concerns to [email protected]
You may video your own team or dancer. Spectators videoing other competitive teams/dancers will be given a verbal warning. If you attempt to video other teams/dancers after the 1st warning, you will be escorted out of the competition venue.