Registration & General Information
- Registration application with full payment must be received January 31, 2023
- Registrations received after January 31, 2023 will incur a $20.00 late entry fee
- ***Once Registration is processed – No refunds will be issued.
- Registered contestants will receive an admission wristband with scheduled performance times. A list of contestant and advisor passes will be at the admissions counter for verification. If a contestant loses his/her entry wristband, they will be required to purchase a new wristband.
- Spectators must purchase a 1 or 2-day pass to enter the competition.
- All contestants are required to supply their own (age-appropriate, clean lyrics) music we have moved to digital music which will be attached to the submitted application.
- All contestants will need to have a backup of their music.
- A dancer’s representative should be present around the sound table in case a backup is required
- Solo, duo, trio, and quartet routines must be at least 1 minute and not to exceed 2-1/2 minutes.
- To ensure an accurate schedule, contestants are required to be in costume and in their correct corner 5 minutes minimum prior to their scheduled time
ORDER OF PERFORMANCE:
- The order of performance is based on the date the entry form has been received. The first entries received will be last in the division. The last entries received will be placed first in the division.
SHOES AND PROPS:
- All shoes must be non-marking soles no exceptions
- Carry-on props are permissible but must be used during routine
- Soloists and teams planning on using props are required to sign a liability waiver prior to taking the floor
- All props will be checked by a Dance Spectacular staff member to verify proper padding is in place to prevent damage to facility floors. Any prop not meeting the requirements will not be allowed on the floor until padding is installed on the prop
- Dance spectacular recognizes every contestant who enters our competitions; participants receive a trophy and will be acknowledged for their performance.
- Awards are given for Queen through 5th Attendant in each division
- Queen awards are a large 2 column trophy, banner, tiara, and gift.
- Attendants will receive a large 2-column trophy
- Every queen in each age division will be eligible for the over-all-queen award as long as they competed against another contestant in their age division
OVERALL QUEEN AWARDS
- The queen with the highest place points and agreed upon by the judging staff will be crowned miss overall queen. Awards given to the overall queen and consist of a large trophy, banner, tiara, and gift.
Dance spectacular reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone causing a scene, or being rude to staff members or other competitors.
All concerns will need to be addressed after the competition not during the event. Email your questions/concerns to email@example.com
You may video your own team or dancer. Spectators videoing other competitive teams/dancers will be given a verbal warning. If you attempt to video other teams/dancers after the 1st warning, you will be escorted out of the competition venue.